As we soak up the last remaining days of summer I was looking for the perfect light and crisp afternoon aperitif for our group of friends. I brought along a couple chilled bottles of Ecco Domani’s ECCO PROSECCO and enlisted my friend Jared, who knows how to make amazing cocktails, to concoct a great floral spritzer to leave us feeling like hummingbirds in the afternoon light. Building off of the floral notes found in this frizzante-style wine Jared made the perfect quick pitcher of drinks to serve for any summer occasion.
Scroll down to get the recipe in 8 easy steps!
3. add about 6 oz of an Elderflower liqueur
4. To compliment the citrus notes found in Ecco Prosecco, add slices of lemon to keep the bright aromas while adding a summery visual touch to the vintage pitcher.
5. Follow up with a few turns of a spoon to mix, but lightly as to not lose the fizz that makes this spritzer so refreshing.
6. Garnish the rim with something bright and summery like a slice of lemon and petite strawberry.
7. If it’s a really warm day and you’re enjoying the spritzer outside you might want to add some ice cubes to keep it chill.
8 …and then the best part, enjoy!
This post was sponsored by Ecco Domani
More stories on Food & Wine: