We recently took a road trip around the southern part of Sweden in a new Volvo XC90 which we picked up directly from the factory just outside the city of Gothenburg on Sweden’s west coast. Volvo has an overseas delivery program where when you order your car they will fly you to Sweden to pick it up and test drive it around the beautiful Scandinavian locations just as we did for a few weeks this past June. Once your journey is completed they will ship the car to you back home in the US. It’s a fun way explore a new country, get to know your car and make a ton of memories!
Our first stop on our #VolvoOverSeasDelivery was to Gothenburg, the gateway to West Sweden. This is what I loved: The people are so nice. The fresh seafood, especially the oysters, are amazing. The trams are not only beautiful with their blue lines rolling around the city but also very clean and easy to use. Gothenburg had a lovely balance of old architecture and cobblestone streets mixed with modern day conveniences.
- Atelier – One of my favorite restaurants ever. Think champagne, roses, etched glass, velvet couches, and incredible seasonal, locally sourced food. One of the best meals from the entire trip!
2. Dorsia – Amazing dining terrace with a great sophisticated social scene.
3. Gabriel – Inside the “Fish Church” of Gothenburg, perfectly fresh seafood lunch not to be missed.
4. Norda – Beautiful for dinner with a very lush dining room.
5. Brewer – Sourdough pizza joint and craft beer bar for something more casual
6. Taverna – Stunning courtyard for a cozy dinner or dine inside surrounded by galleries of cool modern art.