I know this is categorically dorky but I can’t tell you how exciting it is when you have an interest in photography and get a new toy to play with. Over the years I’ve seen and done it all and these are 10 of my favorite fun photography gifts to date! Perhaps perfect for that someone who also likes capturing life through a lens this holiday season….
1. LomoKino 35mm film Movie Maker– you know, like how your grandparents made home movies but with 35mm film (much easier to buy & process)
2. Handy Dandy Hand Strap – because neck straps are not boss.
3. Lensbaby – because it makes the world a dreamy place.
4. IMPOSSIBLE – anything from the Impossible Project! Find an old camera, pick up a couple packs of film and photography goes back to one of those magical & innocent times.
5. Fuji Instax 210 – Because sometimes you want to point & shoot, watch it appear, then pass it around.
6. ONA Camera Bag – Chic. That is all.
7. 50mm Lens – If I could shoot with only one lens, a 50mm would be it.
8. Old School – Nothing is more fun than an old 35mm film camera (that’s how I got started!) and some good old fashioned black & white film.
9. Polaroid GL10 – How I like to print my Instagrams so I can actually hold them.
10. Mini Diana – Takes 35mm film and ever since I saw her pictures with one I’ve loved it.
Happy Holidays from my camera to yours!