Recently I celebrated my birthday and I have to say, I’m really loving my thirties. I feel wiser, I look slightly older which I love but feel young enough that nothing hurts (yet). I am independent in a way I wasn’t in my 20s and I’ve finally found my rhythm in life. One of my favorite expressions is “If I only knew then what I know now”… so I thought I’d just write it down. The things I’ve learned in the thirty-some-odd-years for anyone younger listening and for anyone older who might like to share with me their lessons so that my next 30 years are just as bright…
1. Have a dream. Follow your dreams.
2. Failures are not mistakes, only the lessons that give us stories.
3. GO WITH YOUR GUT. Always, always, always.
4. “The only thing to fear is fear itself.” That is what I think every time I get a “little nervous”. We don’t know what is about to happen so we can’t live our lives as if we do.
5. You never know what someone is dealing with personally so be kind.
6. Knowledge is power and opportunity. Opportunity is everything.
7. You may end up loving the things you once hated.
8. Do what you love for a living so you can love what you do. It’s the only time we’ve got, might as well spend it as well as possible.
9. Money does not define happiness.
10. It is the things that people make look easy that are the hardest to do.
11. A great photograph needs no caption because it has an idea, story or message within it.
12. Never be afraid to try something new.
13. Talk about what you love.
14. Giving is better than receiving.
15. Best friends are the keepers of your life’s memories.