While in Gothenburg, Sweden on our #volvooverseasdelivery road trip we stopped by the design studio of Swedish label Jumperfabriken to meet with the label’s owner and designer Elisabeth Synnes who created the feminine and timeless fashion brand inspired by old photo albums from the 50’s, 60’s, and 70’s “taking the best from the past to the future”. Her classic approach is meant to provide pieces to last you a lifetime and never go out of style. Mostly known for their ladylike dresses and cozy cardigans, it’s the warmth from the designer that really makes you feel at home in these Scandinavian pieces.
10 Questions with JUMPERFABRIKEN‘s owner and designer Elisabeth SynneS
If you could give advise to yourself when you started Jumperfabriken, what would it be?
ES: Be patient. To build a solid brand takes so much more time than one thinks. Continue reading “Jumperfabriken’s Design Studio”
We recently took a road trip around the southern part of Sweden in a new Volvo XC90 which we picked up directly from the factory just outside the city of Gothenburg on Sweden’s west coast. Volvo has an overseas delivery program where when you order your car they will fly you to Sweden to pick it up and test drive it around the beautiful Scandinavian locations just as we did for a few weeks this past June. Once your journey is completed they will ship the car to you back home in the US. It’s a fun way explore a new country, get to know your car and make a ton of memories!
Our first stop on our #VolvoOverSeasDelivery was to Gothenburg, the gateway to West Sweden. This is what I loved: The people are so nice. The fresh seafood, especially the oysters, are amazing. The trams are not only beautiful with their blue lines rolling around the city but also very clean and easy to use. Gothenburg had a lovely balance of old architecture and cobblestone streets mixed with modern day conveniences.
- Atelier – One of my favorite restaurants ever. Think champagne, roses, etched glass, velvet couches, and incredible seasonal, locally sourced food. One of the best meals from the entire trip!
2. Dorsia – Amazing dining terrace with a great sophisticated social scene.
3. Gabriel – Inside the “Fish Church” of Gothenburg, perfectly fresh seafood lunch not to be missed.
4. Norda – Beautiful for dinner with a very lush dining room.
5. Brewer – Sourdough pizza joint and craft beer bar for something more casual
6. Taverna – Stunning courtyard for a cozy dinner or dine inside surrounded by galleries of cool modern art.
Continue reading “Guide to Gothenburg”