Joanna hosted a lovely Mother’s Day inspired brunch at Sunday Suppers with a group of incredibly talented women from writers to editors, illustrators and photographers. We are all daughters and some of us mothers and together we shared the great experience of being women in this day in age.
So in advance, Happy Mother’s Day to all the mommys out there and if you’re looking for a really special gift, make something meaningful from Pinhole Press. I did for Christmas and it was without a doubt the sweetest sentimental way for sharing special memories of love with loved ones…
Continue reading “Brooklyn Brunch~”
Cup of Jo “braided crown” hair tutorial featuring Caroline
Vintage inspired hair with modern ease! After shooting this hair how-to by model turned jewelry designer Caroline for Cup of Jo this became my go-to weekend hair! Less than 5 mins effort & your ready for love in the afternoon–
The visual aid step by step:
1. This style is so easy, it’s laughable. Day-old hair is best (which is true for most hairstyles, since it’s easier to work with hair that has a little dirt in it).
2. Divide your hair into three equal parts and quickly spray each section with a little hairspray to help give it hold. Let the hairspray set for a couple seconds, and then lightly comb it out.
3. Take the section on your right side, and twist your hair all the way down to the end. You want to twist counter-clockwise, toward your face. Wrap the right section in on itself, just like you’re making a little bun. Let some of the hair stick out, it’s ok (you don’t want them to look like Princess Leia buns).
4. Pin the right bun in place. I like to use these mini bobby pins, since they’re easier to hide and they’re coated in rubber so they hold your hair better.
5. Next, twist the middle section clockwise and pin. Then twist the left section clockwise and pin.
6. Spray the three buns with a little more hairspray, and you’re done!
***Three Twisted Buns for Cup of Jo, Caroline’s shirt is from Cardigan, and her lipstick is Covergirl Outlast Lipstain in Wild Berry. Thank you Joanna & Caroline for a fun & easy beauty shoot!