“Creole babies with flashin’ eyes Softly whisper their tender sighs
Then stop….won’t you give your lady fair…a little smile
Stop..ya bet your life you’ll linger there…a little while
We’ve got heaven right here on earth
With those beautiful queens
Way down yonder in New…Orleans”
A trip down to the Big Easy made easy by her amazing local recommendations!
- Breakfast at Satsuma Cafe in the Bywater followed by amazing thrift store treasures next door
- A late morning stroll through the French Market bloody mary in hand
- Seafood Po Boy’s, a shoe shine on Jackson Square, afternoon coffee and beignets at Cafe Du Monde
- A trip on the St. Charles Streetcar followed by a walk through the mansions in the Garden District where the air actually smelled sweet
- The most amazing meal we had in NOLA at Sylvain in the French Quarter which probably had something to do with the fact it used to be a carriage house turned into a bordello where Faulkner used to visit his madam and write…. awesome.
- Capping the evening off with Pimm’s Cup in hand and those flavorful NOLA parities…
All images shot with Pentax Spotmatic & Kodak 400VC film
Have a great Mardi Gras y’all!